Designation : Scientist Qualification Discipline :Veterinary Pathology : [email protected], [email protected] Date of joining ICAR : 11.05.2010 Date of joining PDFMD : 18.09.2010 Research area: Engaged in development of quick diagnostic test for diagnosis of FMDV. I am also assisting as Co-PI in development of LPB assay for estimation of antibodies to structural proteins of FMD virus, production, standardization and supply of diagnostic reagents for FMD diagnosis and surveillance as well as seromonitoring of vaccinal immunity against FMD. List of research projects PI:
Project Title : Validation of LAMP kit for diagnosis of FMD in field samples
1. Project Title : Development of high through put LPB assay for estimation of antibodies to
2. Project Title : Production, standardization and supply of diagnostic reagents for FMD
3. Project Title : Seromonitoring of vaccinal immunity against FMD
List of publications Research Articles:
1. J. Lakra, K.D. Prasad, S. Sinha and R. Ranjan (2006). Growth performance of growing goat
during gastrointestinal nematodiasis and its sustainable control. J. Res.,(BAU). 18(1): 193- 196.
2. Das M, Prasad K.D., Sinha S. and Ranjan R. (2006). Gastrointestinal helminths infecting goat. J. Res., (BAU). 18(2): 289- 293.
3. J. Lakra, K.D. Prasad, S. Sinha and R.Ranjan (2007). Gastrointestinal Namatodiasis and
Haematobiochemical alteration in Goat. Indian Veterinary Journal. 84 (2): 191- 193.
4. P. Kumari, M.K. Gupta, R. Ranjan, K.K. Singh & R. Yadava (2007). Curcuma longa as feed
additive in broiler birds and its pathophysiological effect. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 45 (3): 272- 277.
5. R. Rajeev, M.K. Gupta, K.K. Singh and D. Jha (2008). Comparative efficacy of Papanicolaou
stain and Leishman stain in exfoliative cytology in bovine mastitis. Indian J. Vet Pathol., 32(2): 277- 279.
6. Kumar, S., Ranjan, R., Singh, K.K. and Gupta, M.K. (2009). In vivo chemotactic evaluation of
ferrous ion in piglets. Indian J. Vet. Pathol., 33(2): 160- 162.
7. Kumari, P., Gupta, M.K., Ranjan, R., Singh, K.K., Yadava, R. and Singh, S. (2009).
Pathophysiological effects of Centella asiatica and combination with Curcuma longa as feed additive in broiler birds. Indian J. Vet Pathol., 33(2): 186- 189.
8. Ajay Pratap Singh, Satparkash Singh, Rajeev Ranjan, S.K. Gupta, V.P.Singh, Bhaskar Sharma
(2010). Molecular heterogeneity of plpE gene in Indian isolates of Pasteurella multocida and expression of recombinant PlpE protein in vaccine strain of P. multocida serotype B: 2. Journal of Veterinary Science, 11(3): 227- 233.
9. Sanjeev Kumar and R. Ranjan (2010). Role of ferrous iron in chemotaxis. Indian Veterinary Journal. 87(9): 859- 861.
10. Rajeev Ranjan, M. K. Gupta, Satparkash Singh and Sanjeev Kumar (2010). Current trend of
drug sensitivity in bovine mastitis. Veterinary World, 3(1): 17- 20.
11. Rajeev Ranjan, Satparkash Singh, V.P. Singh, S. K. Gupta, Ajay Pratap Singh, Bhaskar Sharma.
(2010). Detection of Pasteurella multocida in Blood by Real-Time PCR. Indian J. Vet Pathol., 34(1):15- 16.
12. R. Ranjan, M. K. Gupta and K. K. Singh (2010). Diagnosis and treatment of bovine mastitis- A
holistic approach. Indian J. Vet. Res., 19(2): 37-44.
13. R.K. Kuanr, R, Rajeev and Ranjan Rakesh (2011). Antimicrobial effect of Phenolics and
Flavonoids Extracts of Litsea glutinosa and Caryea arborea. Indian Veterinary Journal. April, 88(4): 23- 25.
14. Rajeev Ranjan, M. K. Gupta and K.K. Singh (2011). Study of bovine mastitis in different
climatic conditions in Jharkhand, India. Veterinary World, 4(5): 205-208.
15. Satparkash Singh, Vijendra Pal Singh, Pawanjit Singh Cheema, Maninder Sandey, Rajeev Ranjan, Santosh Kumar Gupta and Bhaskar Sharma (2011). Immune response to DNA vaccine expressing transferrin binding protein a gene of Pasteurella multocida. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 42: 750-760.
16. Ramesh Kumar Nirala, C. Jayachandran, Rajeev Ranjan and Ram Karishna Bauri (2011).
Pharmacokinetic of Sparfloxacin and its effect on immune system in goats. Asian J. Pharm. Biol Res, 1(3): 343- 349.
17. Panda, S.K., Sahu, Banamali, Ranjan, Rajeev, Acharya, A.P. and Rath, S.K. (2011). Prevalence
and clinicopathological study of theileriosis in bovine in coastal areas of Orissa. Indian J. Vet. Pathol., 35(2) : 128-132.
18. Bauri RK, Ranjan R, Deb AR and Ranjan R (2012): Prevalence and sustainable control of Balantidium coli infection in pigs of Ranchi, Jahrkahnd, India, Vet. World 5 (2): 94-99, doi: 10.5455/vetworld.2012.94-99.
19. R.K. Bauri, Rajeev Ranjan, A.R. Deb and Rakesh Ranjan (2012). Prevalence of zoonotic
gastrointestinal protozoa in zoo animals. Indian Veterinary Journal. 89 (3): 71.
20. Rakesh Ranjan, Ajit Kumar Sinha and Rajeev Ranjan (2012). Effect of feeding mustard cake as
a replacement of ground nut cake on different parameters of blood constituents. Indian Veterinary Journal. 89 (7): 127- 128.
21. R.K. Bauri, Rajeev Ranjan, A.R. Deb and Rakesh Ranjan (2012). Prevalence of zoonotic
gastrointestinal protozoa in domestic animals. Indian Veterinary Journal. (October 2012). Popular articles:
1. Rajeev Ranjan, Satparkash Singh and Ajay Pratap Singh (2009). Thnaila Rog. Pashupalan, First Issue: 12- 14.
2. Saravanan Subramaniam, Rajeev Ranjan, Aniket Sanyal, Bramhadev Pattnaik (2012).
Diagnosis of Foot and Mouth Disease. Indian Farming , 61 (11): 9- 12. Review articles:
1. Rajeev Ranjan, S.K. Panda, A.P. Acharya, A.P. Singh and M.K. Gupta (2010).
Molecular diagnosis of Hamorrhagic Septicaemia- A Review. Veterinary World, 4(4): 189- 192.
2. Jitendra K. Biswal, Aniket Sanyal, Luis L.Rodriguez, Saravanan Subramaniam, Jonathan
Arzt, Gaurav K. Sharma, Jef M. Hammond, Satya Parida, Jajati K. Mohapatra, Basavaraj S. Mathapati, Bana B. Dash, Rajeev Ranjan, Manoranjan Rout, Ramamurthy Venketaramanan, Lal Krishna, Gaya Prasad, Krishna M.L. Pathak and Bramhadev Pattnaik (2012). Foot-and-mouth Disease: Global Status and Indian Perspective. Indian Journal of Animal Science. 82 (2): 109–131.
3. Bramhadev Pattnaik, Saravanan Subramaniam, Aniket Sanyal, Jajati K. Mohapatra,
Bana B. Dash, Rajeev Ranjan and Manoranjan Rout (2012). Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Global status and future Road Map for control and prevention in India. Agricultural Research. DOI 10.1007/s40003-012-0012-z. Manuals:
1. Dr. Sanjay Kumar Goyal, Dr. Rajeev Ranjan (2006-07). Laboratory Manual of General
2. Dr. Rajeev Ranjan, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Goyal (2006-07). Laboratory Manual of 3. Dr. Rajeev Ranjan, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Goyal, Dr. Nem Singh (2007-08). Laboratory
Manual of Special Pathology- I, VPP-311. 4. Dr. Rajeev Ranjan and Dr. Nem Singh (Ex-Joint Director IVRI) (2007-08). Laboratory
Manual of Special Pathology- II (Poultry disease), VPP-321. Book Chapters:
1. R. Ranjan, Saravanan S, G.K. Sharma, J.K. Mohapatra, J.K. Biswal, M. Rout, B.B.
Dash, A. Sanyal and B. Pattnaik (2012). Recent advances in diagnosis of Foot and Mouth Disease: In Advances in Diagnosis of Livestock and Poultry Diseases. Division of Virology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute. Pp- 15- 24.
2. S.B. Sudhakar, K.K. Rajak, R. Ranjan. Amit Kumar, D. Muthuchelvan and K. Dhama
(2012). Recent advances in diagnosis of Chicken Infectious Anaemia: In Advances in Diagnosis of Livestock and Poultry Diseases. Division of Virology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute. Pp- 98- 107.
v Awarded with the Indian Council for Agricultural Research Senior Research Fellow (ICAR-
SRF) first position in 2008- 09 for Veterinary Pathology. TRAINING /WORKSHOP ATTENDED
1. Short term training cum workshop on- “Diagnosis and Prophylaxis of economically
important diseases of farm animals and poultry” under Niche area project at Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 25- 29 February, 2008.
2. Taken Researchers Training III: “Data Analysis Using SAS” under project on strengthening
statistical computing for NARS at Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 15- 20 January 2011.
3. Taken Researchers Training VI: “Analysis of Veterinary Science Data using SAS” under
project on strengthening statistical computing for NARS at Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 21- 26 November 2011.
4. Attend awareness workshop on “Foot and Mouth Disease in dairy animals” at National Dairy
Research Institute, Karnal (HR)- 132001, 15- 16 December 2011 as Foot and Mouth Disease Expert.
Whole-Body Cryotherapy in Atopic DermatitisAtopic dermatitis (AD) is a chronic inflammatory skin disease with dry and itchy skin causing remarkable adverse impact on quality of life. Some patients do not tolerate treatments, or in some cases the treatments are ineffective. Effective combination therapies for moderate or severe AD are lacking or scarce. Very cold air has been reported to increase
COLEGIO DE FARMACEUTICOS DE LA PROVINCIA DE SANTA FE 1ª Circunscripción DAP DEPARTAMENTO DE SIM Sistema de Información de ACTUALIZACION PROFESIONAL Medicamentos 26-06-09 GRIPE A (H1N1) MEDIDAS DE BIOSEGURIDAD Ante la alarma creada como consecuencia de la posibilidad de contagio de las personas por el virus de la influenza A (H1N1), existen numerosas consul