Patient Advisor® DRUG NAME: PROTONIX (pantoprazole sodium) 40 mg delayed release tablets MANUFACTURER: Wyeth-Ayerst INDICATIONS FOR USE: For the Short-Term Treatment of Erosive Esophagitis Associated with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). In order to assist you with your patient counseling we recommend the use of the following Patient Advisory Label(s) when you dispense Protonix:
Research: The package insert states: “Patients should becautioned that Protonix Delayed-Release Tablets should not be
split, crushed or chewed.” The extended effect will be diminished
Research: “Administration of pantoprazole with food may delay its absorption up to 2 hours or longer; however, the Cmax and the
extent of pantoprazole absorption (AUC) are not altered. Thus, pantoprazole may be taken without regard to timing of meals.”.
Research: This label is suggested due to the concern that
a patient may be taking other OTC H2RAs such as Axid AR,Pepcid AC, Tagamet, and Zantac.
Research: This label is considered the “universal” counseling
label that informs the patient to follow the physician’s instructionsin order to obtain the desired therapeutic outcome. Please Note: The Patient Advisor® is intended to provide the healthcare professional with easily accessible, practical drug counseling information to use when verbally communicating about a particular drug with a patient. The information printed here is designed to assist, not replace, professional judgement. Professional judgement must always be used when considering what type of information is to be supplied to the patient. The author, manufacturer or distributor make no claims regarding proper use of this information. References available upon request.To obtain Labels or other Patient Counseling Information:
P.O. Box 290616 • Wethersfield, CT 06129-0616 • Phone: 860-563-1223 Fax: 860-563-1650 • or on the Web: www.rjhealthsystems.com R•J Health Systems, Inc. (RJHS) September 2000 R • J Patient Advisor Patient Advisor® PROTONIX (pantoprazole) Be sure to read all this information and contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions that are not answered here. THIS MEDICATION IS USED: To treat certain types of ulcers and conditions in which the stomach produces too much acid. PROPER USE OF THIS MEDICATION:
• Take this medication exactly as your doctor has instructed. • Take this medication once daily, usually in the morning, as directed by your
• This medication should be swallowed whole. DO NOT CHEW, CRUSH, or
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REMEMBER:
• Call your doctor if your stomach pain continues or becomes worse. • If stomach pain occurs between doses, ask your doctor or pharmacist about
taking an antacid such as Mylanta or Maalox.
• Follow the diet your doctor has outlined. Alcoholic beverages, certain foods
and medications (including aspirin and ibuprofen) may irritate the stomach.
• This medication may cause dizziness or lightheadedness. DO NOT drive a
car, operate dangerous machinery or participate in activities that require you to be alert or clear-headed.
• DO NOT stop your medication abruptly or change the amount taken without
first talking with your doctor or pharmacist.
• Talk with your doctor or pharmacist before taking a Non-Prescription drug.
Some may affect this medicine or aggravate your condition.
• KEEP in a cool, dry place. DO NOT keep in your bathroom medicine cabinet
or a cabinet above the stove. Heat or moisture may cause the medication to break down.
• KEEP all medicines out of the reach of children. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: Headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, vomiting, rash. MISSED DOSE INSTRUCTIONS: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. BUT if it is almost time for the next dose, DO NOT take the missed dose or DO NOT DOUBLE the next dose. Instead, continue with your regular dosing schedule. R•J Health Systems, Inc. (RJHS) September 2000 R • J Patient Advisor
Was ist bei Kindern zu berücksichtigen? Gebrauchsinformation Zur Anwendung von Neuroplant® 300 mg N liegen keine ausreichenden Untersuchungen vor. Lesen Sie die gesamte Packungsbeilage/Gebrauchsinformation sorgfältig Es darf deshalb bei Kindern unter 12 Jahren nicht angewendet werden. durch, bevor Sie mit der Einnahme dieses Arzneimittels beginnen. 2.2 Besondere Vorsicht
Síntomas Psiquiátricos y de Comportamiento en el Alzheimer Este documento fue desarrollado en consulta con el grupo de Trabajo Multidisciplinario de la Fundación Alzheimer de Venezuela. La información suministrada no representa aval de ningún medicamento o intervención no farmacológica por nuestra Institución. ¿Cuáles son los síntomas psiquiátricos y de comportamiento