St Sampson’s Parents Guide to GCSE History: AQA Schools History Project (3041) Paper 1:Medicine & Public Health. •
Development in understanding of causes &
Contact: Mr Rees, Head of Humanities
treatment of illness from Prehistoric to today.
Public Health in Britain from Roman period to 21st century. Coursework:
Worth 37.5% of final mark. Modern World: Arab - Israeli Conflict. Paper 2:The American West 1840 - 95. Local Study: Castle Cornet
How & why did USA expand to control all lands
Worth 25% of final mark. When? Y10 Summer Term.
Worth 37.5% of final mark. Where? Students will complete coursework
at both school and at home. Deadline: ALL Useful GCSE Revision Guide Books
Recommended for Grade A* to D students:
• Coordination Group Publications: GCSE History is one of the most highly Schools History Project: The American regarded subjects by employers
West and Medicine through Time: Revision
Recommended for Grade D to G students:
• BBC Bite Size GCSE Schools History
Useful History Websites HOMEWORK is set every WEEK.
Need a teacher? For homework,
As a family watch films & programmes on the topics
covered to encourage discussions with your child.
THE BIG PICTURE Year 11:Paper 1: Study in Development: Medicine and Public Health through Year 10:Paper 2: Enquiry in Depth: Medicine in the Ancient World c10,000 BC. The American West 1840 - 95
• Prehistoric societies
• Ancient Egypt Who were the Plains Indians?
• Ancient Greece.
• Ancient Rome Why did the early settlers move Medicine c500. c1700
• Impact of the fall of the Roman Empire on How was cattle ranching affected
• Nature and importance of Islamic medicine. by the railways?
• Impact of superstition and Christianity on Why were farmers able to settle
• The challenging of medical authority: on the Great Plains?
• Continuing traditional methods: bleeding, Why was law and order a problem on the Great Plains? Medicine in the Industrial and Modern World c1700-present day How did the arrival of white
• Vaccination; the Germ Theory and its people on the Great Plains affect
impact on the treatment of diseases: magic
the Indians way of life? How successfully was the Indian
• Role of the World Health Organisation in problem resolved?
fighting disease and ill health. • Modern issues in medicine: AIDS, drugs revolution. Surgery 2006 GCSE Grade
• Developments in anaesthetics, antiseptics, Boundaries aseptic surgery. • Establishment of a nursing profession and women doctors.
• Impact of World Wars on surgery.
• Impact of technology Homework is a very important part of the History GCSE course. Studies show that
students who complete homework achieve better grades. Homework is set each week.
RESULTS OF DANCE SECTIONS – WYNNUM MANLY EISTEDDFOD 2011 WEDNESDAY 26-4-2011 JEMMA POAK, ALICIA STIBBARD, ELLEN GWILLIM VHC ALICIA STIBBARD, VHC KAYLEE SCHIPPLOCK HC AMELIA BOFINGER, KAYLA BECHLY, IRELAND KNOWLES, NIA SAVAS, JACK JONES,ELLIE CASEY HC MIDORI KAYE, BROOKE STANEK, ELLIE CASEY D204 SONG AND TAP GROUP 6 YRS & UNDER D176 MODERN JAZZ U/T GROUP 6YRS & UNDER D198 SONG
cont EUR: RO07INGB0000999901388273 cont USD: RO60INGB0000999901388289 www.primatour.ro cont EUR: RO28BTRL02504202S38424XX cont USD: RO77BTRL02502202S38424XX [email protected] tel/fax: +40 362 418943 Oferta Speciala Revelion Egipt-Hurghada 29 Decembrie Plecare din Cluj Napoca si Bucuresti Preturile sunt in EURO/persoana in camera dubla Localitate Suplime